Monday, November 24, 2008

My First day as Volunteer

Yeay!!! End of day 1....


Today, I started my voluntary work at Yayasan Sultan Idris. Basically, it is the foundation centre that provides facilities for disabilities.
No wonder,it is named YSIS - Untuk Orang-orang Cacat.
Yep, i am not been paid.
Voluntary work,what?
The place is quite nice, it is located at Bercham, which is quite far from my house.




Stolen from http://ysis.org.my/
~~
When i came in that morning,they sent me to the physiotherapy unit since the OT there was on MC.
Interesting part bout this foundation,most of their staff are Indians. I noticed 2 of them are Malays, and few chinese at admin office and the speech therapist is chinese as well.
But, its okay. because
MAN, I LOVEEe INDIANS!!!
~
~
Ok ok.Let me put it this way. One of their Physiotherapist is so laaa the goodlooking one.
Yep, he's Indian.
Owh and i forgot to add one part. most of their staff also are -INDIA MARI.
~
When they sent me to Physio unit, i soooo laa the bored one. Look, i did familiarize myself with those patient's conditions, but there's nothing that i can do after all.
I just stupidly stood there, and watched every single thing they did.
Then i got scolded by this uncle- he hapens to be one of the YSIS client.
He had stroke - so, must be many cognitive problem.
He barely differentiate me with the one of the physio lady.
This fellow, ya ya having so much pain laa during those exercises due to his condition plus the muscles rigidity.
He shouted " Rani ( the lady's name), hey Rani, bukak ini. Saya sudah tak tahan laa,saya mahu balik."
I was like, looking at another client.
Then he shouted again " hey Rani, lu pandang mana??sini kasi tengok laa.. bukak ini. Saya mahu balik"
WTF???
.
.
MAN..MAN..MAN..
Mwahahhahahahahahahahahaha..Im not Rani OKAY uncle?
Then,after lunch break, they sent me to OT unit.
Waaaahhhh.. finally.. what a relieve!
Since there was only one asisstant therapist left, and the clients were soo banyak,
the asisstant lady- dengan selambanya said
"ok U amik sorang, I amik sorang"
then I said " Haaah??saya nak buat apa??saya xtahu!!"
"U buat laa ape yg you da belajar"
.
:)
.
That was basically what happened today.
I learned a lot.
And I saw the scapulohumeral rythm for the 1st time.
Man,cannot imagine before this,u know.
Then I had my first ever patient today. JayaKumar.
Indian guy, with head injury.
~
God,bless me for the next following days!
*~*

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

haaa....i laugh non-stop,rani....

vYe said...

what???
u laughed non-stop,while i got scolded for not being rani...
what laaaa that uncle...
paiseh!!!

Anonymous said...

my god!!u r using paiseh!!!
wahaha....

vYe said...

my friend alway used that paiseh...
then i got used with him,and started using that word too...
i even dunno what paiseh means..
what is it???

Anonymous said...

oh my god..u r blind using it..mad..
paiseh has many meaning,see u r using at where ni...juz like malunya,sorry ya...hmm...hard to explain to u...wahahaha

vYe said...

lalalala who cares???
i dont care what does it mean...
i use it whenever i like...
later we meet,u teach me properly okaay???